7.07.2009

Creationally Challenged

...is what I have deemed myself
It's like being told that you are a bad human
you are bad at being what you are
you suck at being who you were created to be
essentially, you suck


You can't even relate to your fellow species
Why can't you meet people where they are at?
Why do you have to force yourself to connect?
As if you have no empathetic qualities...
Do you?

I am defective in my nature
an error has been made in my manufacturing
I am essentially a substandard version of myself
How can this be?

I am made in the image and likeness of God
I am fearfully and wonderfully made
I am created for His glory by His perfect hand
How is it that I am so faulty as a creation of God?
Did He make a mistake on me?

Maybe it's me who challenges His creation
"Be all that
you can be"
"Think
independently of others"
"Follow
your dreams"
"The only one
you can depend on is you"
"This above all to thine own self be true"

When everything I have ever heard before now screams to separate it is no wonder I cannot connect
They say "detach"
Truth says "they had everything in common"
I was created to depend on Him
I was conditioned to depend on myself
I choose to no longer challenge His creation

Who knows my purpose better than my creator?
Who can get me back to His image but Him?
Today I choose to surrender
Today I choose to love my neighbor
Today I choose to enjoy the favor of all people
Today I choose to depend on the family He has given me

Today I choose into Perfect Creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment