9.30.2009

Yo.

Today I opened my eyes
on that string I often find myself on
and I began my day on the up
I almost got stuck on the up
like when you get that gnarly tangle
the one where you have to ask your brother to get out for you
and then he breaks your string
I almost asked to get untangled
I was ready for the breaking
but then we went for a swim
in water that was so fluid you couldn't help but loosen up
I did the dance, the one that untangled me
and let go a little more
and throughout the day
I continued to let go
until night fell
and I touched the ground
when I did
I liked what I felt
on this ground is trust
solid faithful trust
I have landed
and I'm not going back up that string
not because I'm afraid to get tangled
but because you don't have me on a yo-yo

No comments:

Post a Comment