11.20.2009

Lights...Camera...

Honestly?
I want you to back the hell off
I want you to take about a million steps away from me
I haven't done anything to you to deserve this
but you know all about hell don't you?

I can't even inhale properly
I'm sick of choking
choking back words, tears, emotions, memories...
NO!
I won't do this
I won't open myself up to you
not again
I've seen what you can do
because you're like a poison
seeping into the creases of my loose existence

I wish I could get a restraining order against you
but that's impossible
because you don't exist here
even though you are always present

But you know what?

I'm getting really good at tying my loose ends
I'm getting stronger
it's getting easier to build those walls
It would be so easy for me not to care
to flip the switch and make you not real
I could make you so small that
you
would
cease
to
exist
Yeah, I'm angry now
but in about 5 seconds I won't be
You'll be small again
and I'll be able to breathe
without you persecuting me
constantly reminding me of my failure
enforcing my humanity that I have come to despise
I won't feel sick anymore
they say you're the prince of darkness
well I'm a damn good actress
I should get paid for what I'm about to do to you
watch me work
in
5...
4...
3...
2...
1...
and...
ACTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment