11.18.2009

the words that don't matter

The words that didn't matter I kept safely tucked away,
confident that the tools I used would keep my secrets
I was sure to only use silent ink
on silent paper
I put them in a journal
that made my heart skip a beat anytime anyone went near it
the words that didn't matter would never leave the page
they were words that were never meant to see the light of day

The words that didn't matter I carefully silenced,
the barrier of teeth, tongue, and lips strong and mighty
and if they weren't
my will power would never let them through
the emotions I chose kept them underneath the surface of sound
they would never come up for air
there was no need for them to ever escape
the words that didn't matter knew that they didn't matter
they were words were never meant to have life

The words that didn't matter the world guarded suspiciously
they were criticized, analyzed, and scrutinized
they were changed and deemed heresy
thrown into millions of books they all looked like strangers
sent to caves and told to remain there never to be discovered
sold as opinions and not useful for educational purposes
they were told to separate by 'church' and 'state'
their meaning manipulated and used for evil
the words that didn't matter could never save a soul
they were words were never meant to have a purpose

These are the words that didn't matter
the words I thought I could never let off the page
the words I thought I could never give life to
the words the world thought could never save my soul
the words You lit up and decided to use
the words You let me breathe
the words You showed the world were true

The enemy wants you to be afraid of sharing the words that don't matter
because when you share the words that don't matter
You will find out that they do.







No comments:

Post a Comment