7.13.2009

Translation


I speak 2 languages
but
sometimes I speak 3.

I speak the language that everyone speaks
or at least 375 million do
I use it 95% of the day
to connect, gossip, teach, and learn
the words I speak in this language are the easiest to understand
their meaning travels fast and are easily clung to
capturing a wide audience all speaking this language.

I also speak the language of another country
A country foreign to the ways of this land
this language is a language romantico
spoken by our brothers and sisters of the South
this is a heart language, it makes you como familia
and seeks you like a surprise embrace
the sound of this language impresses, engrosses, and attracts many who speak it
and many who'd like to
it provides opportunity and crosses borders building bridges between the countries of those who speak it

And sometimes, sometimes I speak the language of my maker
This language is not spoken by many and not easily learned
it crosses time, nations, stereotypes, limits, age, and location
This language can bring peace and war
it can convict and heal
it reveals and brings freedom, if you let it
I should speak it more
because I have seen what it can do
but sometimes I keep it hidden
sometimes I keep it a secret
It holds the most power of any language
it is most beautiful when spoken by the one who created it
He speaks it fluently
through His word
through His people
through His daughters
through His sons
through You

And I, I speak 2 languages
but sometimes I speak 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment