5.04.2010

the lumberjack

I know pruning is supposed to hurt
because you have to cut something off

but this feels more like lumber-jacking
over and over and over again

how will I ever grow if you keep cutting me down the middle

how will I ever be beautiful if you cut me off before I can bloom

how will I ever bear fruit if I am BARE

what kind of pruning is this?

I think you cut too much this time
because all I see is death and destruction
it feels like nothing will ever grow again

how can I trust in your faithfulness if you keep cutting me in half
how can I trust you are covering me in your love if you keep stripping me naked

how can I trust anything or anybody at all
if
You
keep
chopping
me
in
half
like
this

what ever this lesson is, I wanna learn it
because I cannot handle

there has to be more than this
salvation has got to feel better than this





what am I doing wrong?





No comments:

Post a Comment